I was invited to a Spring Trends fashion show directed by Neiman Marcus Las Vegas personal stylist, Lindsey Bernay. Man, did I feel totally out of season once that was over. My black ballet flats, jeans and black and white top with black scarf in no way reflected the fun, punchy, color block styles headed our way for Spring. Fortunately (or maybe not so fortunate), Vegas weather gives us the chance to shake off those drab winter colors sooner than later. Lindsey shared some really great tips on how to mix and match patterns, pull pieces together so you can go from Day to Night, and what accessories are a must have this season.
Everything has to have color. According to Lindsey, blue jeans are out, unless of course, they are turquoise, and we are only allowed to wear skinny jeans with bold colors or patterns. I especially loved the selection from designer Rag and Bone, and their price point was on-trend for me. Make sure to dress them with a fabulous pair of heels to go from day to night.
Here’s my list of Top Spring Trends as suggested by Lindsey Bernay of Neiman Marcus Las Vegas:
- Metalics…silver shoes is a great way to be on trend this season, while still being neutral.
- Nudes…keep your heels a nude shade to give your legs length. Also, a nude, vintage-y lace top looks great with all the color blocking happening on the run-way.
- Long skirts…LOVE. I especially love the sheer long skirts with the mini skirt or short shorts underneath. Another suggestion was to take your patio dresses from last Spring/Summer season and make them look like long skirts by pairing them with a top. Forward thinking fashionistas will be happy to know that long skirts with pants underneath are already being seen on the runway for Fall.
- Blazers are rocking the styles this season. Match them up with your patio dresses, long skirts or short shorts with heels to dress up your day look and take you into the evening. Perfect for an outdoor wine and jazz event at The Smith Center.
- Seriously, mix it up. Mis-matched patterns are the look for Spring. Wild and crazy, you would never wear those together prints, are being pulled together with a black skinny belt and a blazer. Keep a common color or tone happening in both pieces, and don’t go overboard with the accessories. Keep the eye on the fun stuff happening with the print.
- Color blocking and punches of color… think bolds like yellow, turquoise and coral matched with gold jewelry, or muted shades like mint and blush look awesome with a hit of orange.
- Yellow is the color for Spring. Sunshine. Bring it.
Accessories always need their own space because they are just that important. Here are some tips from Lindsey about how to incorporate those fabulous pieces that seal the deal:
- Any flats you buy for Spring need to have jewels!
- Both snakeskin and silver (not necessarily together) are great ways to make your outfit a little edgier, but also are considered neutrals. Consider a great pair of silver shoes, or a snakeskin belt or bag to keep you looking on trend.
- It’s perfectly fine to mix and match silver and gold jewelry.
- Speaking of gold jewelry…Rose Gold is it for Spring. Go get some!
- And, finally, my favorite…wallets on chains, to be worn either across your shoulder or over your shoulder. Don’t let the term deceive you, up-close, they do actually fit your phone, make-up and lipstick.
Drive it home with bronze tones in your make-up. Bobbi Brown has a great pallet out right now, that I’ve been using, and was featured at the event. It’s perfect for travelling as it’s compact and houses eye shadow, liner and a brush.
Finally, anything that sparkles rules. Channel had some fabulous sunglasses with glitter right in the lenses. They were pretty clutch. (Am I too old to use that word?)
Now that you’re inspired, get shopping! The Current Event at Neiman Marcus is running from now through March 18th, featuring this cool clutch with purchase. Visit their website for more details.
Have fun…would love to see what you put together with your new Spring pieces. Post your pics on my facebook page!
What’s your favorite Spring Trend?