I was invited by Collective Bias to participate in an on-line shopping project for the children’s store, Hartstrings. Though I wasn’t very familiar with the name, as soon as I got on-line, I was very familiar with the styles. Classic, traditional pieces perfect for family portraits, holidays, special occasions and vacations. I know I boast about being a hip mom of four, but secretly, I love gingham! And bows! And Smocking! And shortalls! I love dressing my kids up in coordinating outfits, and I love the classic look of the babies in the cotton pique sets with grosgrain trims. Happy camper!
- Pretty easy to navigate, found almost everything I was looking for.
- Loved how I could shop by gender and size. Time is of the essence for me, so anything that makes shopping quicker is key.
- I could match up boy/girl, baby/boy, or family and it would pop up the items that went together in each collection. Love that!
- I appreciated how the shopping cart showed the original price and the sales price, so I could see how much I was saving.
- The shopping cart also had a cool feature that allowed me to pick an item, then shop according to what was available in each size.
- Size chart was available on every page. Great feature because I often find those are tricky to locate on other sites.
- I couldn’t find everything. I would pick pieces to an outfit, then it would mention hair bows, but I couldn’t find any.
- The selection felt limited, which could have been due to the sale going on.
- Shipping process and check out seemed fine. There were no obvious glitches and went pretty smooth. However, I thought my items would have arrived by now as I ordered them a week ago.
- Aesthetically pleasing. I loved the colors and the bold, big pictures.
- The site had a more mature, groomed, feel about it. Kind of like it grew-up a bit.
- I could easily find what I was looking for under the header tabs, including the hair bows!
- I really liked how things were categorized by Special Occasion, New Arrivals, Sales, and Brands. This made it a little quicker to get through the site and to where I needed to go.
- The Brother/Sister feature is a great way to pair up matching/coordinating outfits from the same collection in one spot.
- The shopping cart was very user friendly and not time consuming. I knew where to find everything and how to input needed information, including promo codes and gift cards.
- I also enjoyed being able to effortlessly find their facebook, twitter and blog accounts so I could follow them right away.
- It may have been on there, but I couldn’t locate the shop by size feature.
- I also missed the ability to shop by family themes.